Posted on April 22 2023
Eye pencils are such an essential part of every makeup bag and routine they’re a must-have. But they are such a versatile makeup tool they can be used in so many different ways to achieve different looks. Check out these 9 uses for the amazing eye pencil.
- Eyeliner: Eyeliner can help make your eyes appear larger and more defined. The most common use of an eye pencil is to apply eyeliner to the upper or lower lash line. This creates a defined and polished look that makes your eyes stand out. Depending on the thickness of the line and the technique used, you can create a natural, subtle look or a bold, dramatic one. By applying the pencil directly to the lash line you can smudge it out for a smoky effect or leave it as a sharp line for a more dramatic look.
- Waterline: Applying an eye pencil to the waterline, which is the inner rim of the lower eyelid, is a popular technique for making your eyes appear bigger and brighter. A white or nude-colored pencil is typically used for this purpose, but you can also use darker colors for a more sultry look. It's important to note that using pencils on the waterline can sometimes cause irritation, so be sure to use a pencil that is specifically formulated for this purpose. The Antonym eye pencils are made with certified natural ingredients, and therefore safe to use on the waterline.
- Tightlining: To create the illusion of fuller lashes and a more defined eye shape, try tightlining. This is a technique where you apply eyeliner to the upper waterline, which is the area between your lashes and your eyelid. Again, make sure to use a pencil that is specifically designed for tightlining, as regular eyeliners may not be safe for this sensitive area.
- Smudging: Smudging eye pencils can create a smoky eye look that is perfect for evening or more dramatic makeup looks. Start by applying the eyeliner to the upper lash line and lower lash line, then use a smudge brush or your finger to blend the liner for a soft, diffused look. Antonym eye pencils have a soft texture making them ideal for this technique since they are easy to blend.
- Brows: If you don’t have your eyebrow pencil handy, eye pencils may also be used to define, shape and fill in your eyebrows. This will create a more polished overall makeup look and make your eyes stand out. When using an eye pencil on your eyebrows, choose a shade that matches your natural hair color and apply it in small strokes. Focusing on any sparse areas to fill in and create a natural look.
- Winged liner: Winged liner involves creating a wing at the outer corner of the eye for a fun, edgier look. You may use eye pencils with a fine, pointed tip, or apply with an eyeliner makeup brush for precision. To create a wing, or flick, start by drawing a line from the inner corner of the eye to the outer corner, then extend the line outward. Create a small, subtle wing or a bold, dramatic one depending on your preference.
- Eye shadow: Eye pencils can also be used as an eyeshadow base to make eyeshadow colors more vibrant and last longer. Apply the pencil all over your eyelid and then blend it out to create a smooth and even base for your eye shadow. This will create a smooth, even base for your eyeshadow, prevent it from creasing and appear more vibrant.
- Lip liner: Eye pencils may also be used as lip liners to create a defined lip shape and prevent lipstick from feathering or bleeding. Be sure to choose a pencil that is safe for use on your lips.
- Body art: A fun and creative way to experiment with different looks without committing to a permanent change…use the eye pencils for body art, such as temporary tattoos or adding accents to your nails or body.
Nine uses. Cool, right? And there we’re sure there are more! Eye pencils are so versatile, we of course love them. Whether to enhance the appearance of your eyes or any of the other creative uses mentioned above, eye pencils rock. Let us know how you use them.